GREENGUARD Gold is awarded to low or non-existent chemical emission items. These items are screened against 10,000 chemicals and VOCs and are safe for sensitive individuals.
MADE SAFE® monitors toxicity levels of everyday products using a scientifically rigorous, independent third-party review.
BPA [bisphenol A] is an industrial chemical found in plastic, epoxy resins, and even food and water containers. This chemical has been linked to adverse health effects in fetuses, newborns and children.
GOTS certification tests for the use of harmful chemicals and toxins, as well as verifying environmentally and socially responsible production of organic textiles.
Baby products that are made in the USA are held to the highest production standards.
Formaldehyde is something you want to stay away from because it is a cancerous, strong-smelling, colorless gas commonly found in pressed-wood products.
Phthalates disrupt the body's hormones and some are known carcinogens. The chemicals from baby gear and wallpaper can be ingested, inhaled or absorbed.
PFAS-free baby products do not containpoly-fluorinated alkyl substances which are a group of around 4,700 industrial chemicals that can be found everywhere around us.
VOCs (Volatile organic compounds) are chemicals from specific solids or liquids (like wax, paints and varnishes) that can be emitted as gas. It has been proven that this easily inhaled chemical may lead to cancer, liver, and kidney diseases.
Fire retardants are chemicals that are often sprayed onto car seats and baby products to make them fire resistant. But, these poisonous chemicals are known to cause hormone disruption, neurological damage and even cancer.
Handmade products are made with love, they are unique, and created– just for you! Crafty people can create pretty much anything and adjust it to your needs and preferences.
When you shop for organic baby products you are limiting your child’s exposure to harmful toxins likepesticides.Not only are they safe for your baby, but the natural and biodegradable ingredients are also safe for the environment.
A mini crib mattress for maximum sleep safety! Naturepedic's Organic Breathable Mini Crib Mattress is the only certified organic mini crib mattress on the market that is breathable at the same time.
Breathable crib mattresses are all about added comfort and safety. Simply put, babies tend to cry more when they're uncomfortable. Airflow under the baby allows heat to dissipate more efficiently, helping regulate temperature for less sweaty backs. According to airflow tests, breathability may also increase safety by allowing air to flow more freely around the baby.
HOW IT WORKS? The breathable cover features a soft organic cotton surface and a 3-dimensional polyester lattice structure that allows air to flow through the fabric and under the baby for 360° air circulation. Since air is able to pass freely through the cover’s 3D structure, babies can breathe right through it!
PRACTICAL DESIGN: The breathable function is encapsulated in a washable cover that completely hugs the mattress. This removable layer has a waterproof backing that keeps the mattress clean and protected from urine, spit-up, and other messes. In the event of an accident, simply replace with a spare cover or put the baby back to sleep on the fully functional underlying mattress. The cover can then be machine washed and dried at your convenience.
FIRM SUPPORT: The Organic Breathable Mini Crib Mattress follows CPSC and pediatrician recommendations for firm support and a snug fit so your baby gets the firm, flat surface recommended for safer sleep.
- Organic cotton fabric + fill: Organic cotton is the purest form of cotton and a healthier alternative to synthetic fabrics and foams. Naturepedic uses only U.S. grown and certified organic cotton as filling and buys directly from USDA certified sources.
- Waterproofing: The mattress features an easy-to-clean organic cotton fabric with a patented LDPE waterproof coating so pure it actually meets food contact standards (made from non-GMO sugarcane without any glues or adhesives)!
- PLA layer: PLA is a high-performance synthetic fiber made from non-GMO sugarcane that adds resiliency and unique performance characteristics.
- Wavesupport™ core: Naturepedic's patented wavesupport™ core is strong yet lightweight, making it easy to lift the mattress and change the bedding. Made in-house with full-perimeter edge support to prevent the edges from squishing and to reduce the risk of entrapment.
- Free from flame retardants, vinyl, phthalates, PFCs and polyurethane foam
- GOTS certified
- MADE-SAFE certified
- UL/GREENGUARD certified
- Approximately 23.5" x 37.5" x 3". Fits standard mini cribs.
Not sure which organic crib mattress is the right choice for your family? Check out our in-depth blog post comparing our bestsellers!