Sustainability comes in many forms, from ethical labor practices that give back to the surrounding community, to environmental protection - like zero-waste manufacturing or planting trees for each product sold.
CertiPUR-US certified foams are found in a multitude of Modern Nursery approved items including mattress, upholstered furniture (gliders and ottomans), playmats and more.
FSC certification ensures that products come from responsibly managed forests that provide environmental, social and economic benefits.
GREENGUARD Gold is awarded to low or non-existent chemical emission items. These items are screened against 10,000 chemicals and VOCs and are safe for sensitive individuals.
OEKO-TEX® certified products pass rigorous tests in 18 different labs in Europe and Japan to guarantee maximum consumer safety.
Phthalates disrupt the body's hormones and some are known carcinogens. The chemicals from baby gear and wallpaper can be ingested, inhaled or absorbed.
VOCs (Volatile organic compounds) are chemicals from specific solids or liquids (like wax, paints and varnishes) that can be emitted as gas. It has been proven that this easily inhaled chemical may lead to cancer, liver, and kidney diseases.
Fire retardants are chemicals that are often sprayed onto car seats and baby products to make them fire resistant. But, these poisonous chemicals are known to cause hormone disruption, neurological damage and even cancer.
Recycling is a trend, and we love it! Consumerism is a huge problem today, and there are ways to combat the issue. Recycled materials help keep our landfills clean, and also saves energy, water and money.
Formaldehyde is something you want to stay away from because it is a cancerous, strong-smelling, colorless gas commonly found in pressed-wood products.
Handmade products are made with love, they are unique, and created– just for you! Crafty people can create pretty much anything and adjust it to your needs and preferences.
Soft and sumptuous, the Monte Como Glider is one you'll sink right into for rest and relaxation. It includes a calming and soothing glide, extra soft seat and back cushion, and beautifully tailored sides. Rest your head back and enjoy this incredibly comfortable chair, a perfect addition for your nursery. The Monte Como Glider can keep you comfortable while feeding and soothing, all while making sure your little one doesn't come into contact with VOCs or other chemicals with its GREENGUARD Gold certification. Matching Como Ottoman also available.
- Handcrafted and sustainably made in Canada using the highest quality materials, including OEKO-TEX certified fabrics
- Removable and washable covers for seat and back cushion.
- For a gliding base, choose the dark espresso or walnut solid wood base
- For a gliding AND swiveling base, choose the brushed stainless steel or gold swivel base
- Exceptionally smooth gliding motion
- Back cushion filled with an alternative polyester down-like material for superior comfort
- Includes lumbar pillow (for lumbar, neck, or elbow support)
- Ergonomic arm height and high back for exceptional comfort
- An iconic design piece for your home, and eventually, a beautiful addition to any room in your home
- The foam is CertiPUR-US certified, and free of any flame retardant chemicals.
- If you don't see the fabric you want, reach out to customer care to place a special order!
CARE & CLEANING
All Monte Fabrics are easy to spot clean and maintain.
Our Performance Fabrics and Enviroleathers are very durable and easy to care for and to clean. Our Natural Fabrics (wool and cotton/linen) are fine fabrics that may require a little more attention.
All removable covers are machine washable, except Enviroleathers, which can easily be wiped down.
- Overall Height: 38"
- Overall Width: 30"
- Overall Stationary Depth: 33"
- Seat Height: 18"
- Seat Width: 23"
- Seat Depth: 20"
- Back Height (from top of seat to top of chair): 25"
- Arm Height (from floor): 24"
- Distance from wall needed for gliding: 6" – 8"
- Product Weight: 80 lbs