Sustainability comes in many forms, from ethical labor practices that give back to the surrounding community, to environmental protection - like zero-waste manufacturing or planting trees for each product sold.
GREENGUARD Gold is awarded to low or non-existent chemical emission items. These items are screened against 10,000 chemicals and VOCs and are safe for sensitive individuals.
BPA [bisphenol A] is an industrial chemical found in plastic, epoxy resins, and even food and water containers. This chemical has been linked to adverse health effects in fetuses, newborns and children.
Formaldehyde is something you want to stay away from because it is a cancerous, strong-smelling, colorless gas commonly found in pressed-wood products.
Phthalates disrupt the body's hormones and some are known carcinogens. The chemicals from baby gear and wallpaper can be ingested, inhaled or absorbed.
PFAS-free baby products do not containpoly-fluorinated alkyl substances which are a group of around 4,700 industrial chemicals that can be found everywhere around us.
VOCs (Volatile organic compounds) are chemicals from specific solids or liquids (like wax, paints and varnishes) that can be emitted as gas. It has been proven that this easily inhaled chemical may lead to cancer, liver, and kidney diseases.
Fire retardants are chemicals that are often sprayed onto car seats and baby products to make them fire resistant. But, these poisonous chemicals are known to cause hormone disruption, neurological damage and even cancer.
The Maki full-size crib is the modern lifestyle essential! Its clean, modern geometric lines and foldable frame make this crib portable and easy to store. Designed for movement with removable wheels and lightweight timber construction, making it perfect for secondary living spaces or a sleepover at Grandma’s. Modern and functional, an included toddler bed conversion kit allows you to seamlessly convert from crib to toddler bed as your babe grows.
- STYLE & FUNCTION: The Maki is the modern lifestyle essential with its clean design, removable wheels, and foldable lightweight frame for easy storage.
- GREENGUARD GOLD CERTIFIED: The Maki has been tested for over 10,000 chemical emissions and VOCs, undergoing rigorous scientific testing to meet some of the world's most stringent chemical emissions requirements. It contributes to cleaner indoor air, creating a healthier environment for your baby to sleep, play, and grow.
- 2-IN-1 CONVERTIBILITY: Easily transitions as your babe grows from crib to toddler bed, with an included toddler bed conversion kit.
- GROWS WITH BABE: The low-profile design allows you to easily put a newborn to rest. And with two adjustable mattress positions, you can lower the mattress height as babe learns to sit and stand.
- EASY STORAGE: Foldable frame with removable locking caster wheels for easy storage and transport.
- SUSTAINABLE DESIGN: Made with sustainably sourced solid New Zealand pine wood, one of the most renewable woods available. The mattress support is TSCA Compliant engineered wood.
- SAFE FOR BABE: We go the extra step to ensure your babe's safety. Finished in a non-toxic multi-step painting and staining process that is lead and phthalate safe which exceeds ASTM International and U.S. CPSC safety standards.
- UNIVERSAL MATTRESS FIT: The Maki is a standard size crib, we recommend our Pure by babyletto line of hypoallergenic and eco-conscious crib mattresses (52" x 27.75").
- Assembled Dimensions: 54.00"L x 29.75"W x 37.50"H
- Assembled Weight: 60.00lbs
- Slat Strength: 135 lbs
- Front Rail to Floor Height: 37.5"
- Interior Crib Measurements: 52"L x 28"W
- Crib: Stop using when child begins to climb or reaches 35 inches
Want to see the material in person and test the color against your nursery? Order a sample here!