When you shop for organic baby products you are limiting your child’s exposure to harmful toxins likepesticides.Not only are they safe for your baby, but the natural and biodegradable ingredients are also safe for the environment.
CertiPUR-US certified foams are found in a multitude of Modern Nursery approved items including mattress, upholstered furniture (gliders and ottomans), playmats and more.
Sustainability comes in many forms, from ethical labor practices that give back to the surrounding community, to environmental protection - like zero-waste manufacturing or planting trees for each product sold.
OEKO-TEX® certified products pass rigorous tests in 18 different labs in Europe and Japan to guarantee maximum consumer safety.
BPA [bisphenol A] is an industrial chemical found in plastic, epoxy resins, and even food and water containers. This chemical has been linked to adverse health effects in fetuses, newborns and children.
After the warmth of the mother’s womb, the cradle is the place where the baby will spend most of his time during the first months of his life; the place where he will gradually wake up to the world. Charlie Crane therefore designed the KUMI as both a reassuring cocoon and a space open to the outside world.
The design of the KUMI combines tradition and modernity. It retains the millenary lateral swing, a delicate movement that helps babies fall asleep, while sketching minimalist and contemporary lines, thanks in particular to the laces that surround it, which gives it both lightness and safety.
During assembly, the parents tie the cords themselves. A gesture of high emotional value since it involves participating in the construction of the child’s nest.
- Use from birth until the child can sit alone, stand up or crawl.
- Compliant with European standard EN1130:2019
- Extra simple assembly using an Allen key supplied
- Detachable and machine washable fabric at 40°C
- Design: Gaspard Tiné-Bérès for Charlie Crane
- Made in Turkey (Wood), France (Mattresses and laces), China (Cocoon).
- Dimensions of the cradle: 31.8" x 22" x H 28.3"
- Dimensions of the included mattress: 26.7" x 15.7" x H 1.9"
- Height of the cot base: 17.3"
- Wooden structure: Beech plywood hoop from Turkey or Romania, 2 coats matte water-based varnish. Skids and uprights in solid Beech wood from Turkey, 2 coats matt water-based varnish.
- Metal structure: Wire and metal plate Steel White epoxy paint
- Mesh Cocoon: 100% Polyester nest – 100% cotton bottom
- Laces: Round braided laces, 100% Polyester, thickness 0.2''
- ORIGINAL: 100% cotton cover, with CertiPUR-certified PU foam padding, thickness 2''
- ORGANIC: organic cotton removable cover quilted with natural wool, with a natural coconut fiber filling; thickness 2''