After the warmth of the mother’s womb, the cradle is the place where the baby will spend most of his time during the first months of his life; the place where he will gradually wake up to the world. Charlie Crane therefore designed the KUMI as both a reassuring cocoon and a space open to the outside world.
The design of the KUMI combines tradition and modernity. It retains the millenary lateral swing, a delicate movement that helps babies fall asleep, while sketching minimalist and contemporary lines, thanks in particular to the laces that surround it, which gives it both lightness and safety.
During assembly, the parents tie the cords themselves. A gesture of high emotional value since it involves participating in the construction of the child’s nest.
- Use from birth until the child can sit alone, stand up or crawl.
- Compliant with European standard EN1130:2019
- Extra simple assembly using an Allen key supplied
- Detachable and machine washable fabric at 40°C
- Design: Gaspard Tiné-Bérès for Charlie Crane
- Made in Turkey (Wood), France (Mattresses and laces), China (Cocoon).
- Dimensions of the cradle: 31.8" x 22" x H 28.3"
- Dimensions of the included mattress: 26.7" x 15.7" x H 1.9"
- Height of the cot base: 17.3"
- Wooden structure: Beech plywood hoop from Turkey or Romania, 2 coats matte water-based varnish. Skids and uprights in solid Beech wood from Turkey, 2 coats matt water-based varnish.
- Metal structure: Wire and metal plate Steel White epoxy paint
- Mesh Cocoon: 100% Polyester nest – 100% cotton bottom
- Laces: Round braided laces, 100% Polyester, thickness 0.2''
- ORIGINAL: 100% cotton cover, with CertiPUR-certified PU foam padding, thickness 2''
- ORGANIC: organic cotton removable cover quilted with natural wool, with a natural coconut fiber filling; thickness 2''