Sustainability comes in many forms, from ethical labor practices that give back to the surrounding community, to environmental protection - like zero-waste manufacturing or planting trees for each product sold.
CertiPUR-US certified foams are found in a multitude of Modern Nursery approved items including mattress, upholstered furniture (gliders and ottomans), playmats and more.
GREENGUARD Gold is awarded to low or non-existent chemical emission items. These items are screened against 10,000 chemicals and VOCs and are safe for sensitive individuals.
BPA [bisphenol A] is an industrial chemical found in plastic, epoxy resins, and even food and water containers. This chemical has been linked to adverse health effects in fetuses, newborns and children.
Formaldehyde is something you want to stay away from because it is a cancerous, strong-smelling, colorless gas commonly found in pressed-wood products.
Phthalates disrupt the body's hormones and some are known carcinogens. The chemicals from baby gear and wallpaper can be ingested, inhaled or absorbed.
PFAS-free baby products do not containpoly-fluorinated alkyl substances which are a group of around 4,700 industrial chemicals that can be found everywhere around us.
VOCs (Volatile organic compounds) are chemicals from specific solids or liquids (like wax, paints and varnishes) that can be emitted as gas. It has been proven that this easily inhaled chemical may lead to cancer, liver, and kidney diseases.
Fire retardants are chemicals that are often sprayed onto car seats and baby products to make them fire resistant. But, these poisonous chemicals are known to cause hormone disruption, neurological damage and even cancer.
Recycling is a trend, and we love it! Consumerism is a huge problem today, and there are ways to combat the issue. Recycled materials help keep our landfills clean, and also saves energy, water and money.
FSC certification ensures that products come from responsibly managed forests that provide environmental, social and economic benefits.
Bringing a contemporary take to a classic seating style, the Miranda Wingback Rocker captures timeless details with its elegant wood legs and stylized pleating on its arm rests. The Miranda's plush T-cushion and wingback create the perfect, cozy nook for feedings or to gently rock your baby to sleep.
Performance Cream Eco-Weave
- GREENGUARD Gold Certified: This product has been tested for over 10,000 chemicals and meets or exceeds stringent chemical emissions standards.
- ENVIRONMENTALLY-CONSCIOUS FABRIC: At least 40 recycled plastic bottles were used to construct this durable, yet soft eco-performance fabric, so you can feel good about making a sustainable choice
- GENTLY ROCKS: Whether you are feeding your baby or gently rocking your baby to sleep, the Miranda Rocker allows for a smooth back-and-forth rocking motion.
- WATER REPELLENT & STAIN RESISTANT FABRIC: Sit back and relax knowing our performance fabric will help keep your rocker safe from spills and stains.
- BREATHE EASY: We know chemicals have no place in your nursery so our upholstery is free of chemical flame retardants.
- THOUGHTFUL DESIGN: Timeless silhouette with graceful tufting pairs with its cozy T-cushion for lasting comfort throughout the day.
- EASY SET UP: Just a few simple steps – no tools required.
- SPACE EFFICIENT: The Miranda Wingback Rocker's petite frame provides comfort and style without taking up a lot of space in your room.
- Assembled Weight: 64.18 lbs.
- FSC® CERTIFIED WOOD: Wood used in the frame of this product comes from well-managed.
- FSC®-certified forests. The FSC® label means that wood has been harvested to benefit communities, wildlife, and the environment.
- Assembled Dimensions: 36.75"L x 28"W x 37.5"H
- Assembled Weight: 64.79lbs
- Seat Dimensions: 24"D x 21"W
- Seat Height: 21"H
- Arm Rest to Seat Height: 7"
- Seat Back Height: 26"
- 300 lbs
Want to see the fabric in person and test the color against your nursery? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to order a sample! Please make sure to mention which color you're interested in.