Sustainability comes in many forms, from ethical labor practices that give back to the surrounding community, to environmental protection - like zero-waste manufacturing or planting trees for each product sold.
GREENGUARD Gold is awarded to low or non-existent chemical emission items. These items are screened against 10,000 chemicals and VOCs and are safe for sensitive individuals.
BPA [bisphenol A] is an industrial chemical found in plastic, epoxy resins, and even food and water containers. This chemical has been linked to adverse health effects in fetuses, newborns and children.
Formaldehyde is something you want to stay away from because it is a cancerous, strong-smelling, colorless gas commonly found in pressed-wood products.
Phthalates disrupt the body's hormones and some are known carcinogens. The chemicals from baby gear and wallpaper can be ingested, inhaled or absorbed.
PFAS-free baby products do not containpoly-fluorinated alkyl substances which are a group of around 4,700 industrial chemicals that can be found everywhere around us.
VOCs (Volatile organic compounds) are chemicals from specific solids or liquids (like wax, paints and varnishes) that can be emitted as gas. It has been proven that this easily inhaled chemical may lead to cancer, liver, and kidney diseases.
Fire retardants are chemicals that are often sprayed onto car seats and baby products to make them fire resistant. But, these poisonous chemicals are known to cause hormone disruption, neurological damage and even cancer.
With its stately presence, the Durham 4-in-1 Convertible Crib introduces a dignified air into your nursery. The crib’s front rail curves to underscore its thoughtfully designed molding, while its elegantly arched headboard and contoured rails create a tranquil space for your baby to sleep. Pair your Durham Crib with the Durham 7-Drawer Dresser for a classic and coordinated look that will last beyond baby years.
- GREENGUARD GOLD CERTIFIED: This product has been tested for over 10,000 chemical emissions and VOCs, undergoing rigorous scientific testing to meet some of the world's most stringent chemical emissions requirements. It contributes to cleaner indoor air to ensure the health and safety of your family and home.
- 4-in-1 CONVERTIBILITY: Our cribs adapt as your baby grows, even into teen years. Designed to easily convert to a toddler bed, daybed, and full-size bed. (toddler bed conversion kit #M18399 and full-size bed conversion kit #M7689 each sold separately) *Note: Full-size conversion kit #M7689 works only with cribs purchased after January 1, 2021
- GROWS WITH BABY: Our cribs have 4 adjustable mattress positions to help transition as your baby grows from newborn to toddler. Easily lower the mattress position as your baby begins to sit, pull up, and stand.
- QUALITY MATERIALS: We source materials with your family in mind. Our furniture is made of solid, sustainable pinewood and TSCA compliant engineered wood.
- BREATHE EASY: We know chemicals have no place in your nursery so we use a non-toxic multi-step painting process that is lead and phthalate safe. This product meets or exceeds ASTM International and U.S. CPSC safety standards.
- THOUGHTFUL DETAILS: Elegant curves and arches pair with stately molding details to create this statement piece.
- SHOP THE COLLECTION: Complete your nursery with the Durham 7-Drawer Dresser.
- CRIBS PURCHASED BEFORE 2021: Use conversion kit M5789 to convert your Durham crib to a full-size bed
- Assembled Dimensions: 59"L x 32"W x 49"H
- Assembled Weight: 93.93lbs
- Slat Strength: 135 lbs
- Front Rail to Floor Height: 35"
- Interior Crib Measurements: 52"L x 28"W
- Full-Size Box Spring Minimum: 74.5"L x 53"W
- Full-Size Box Spring Maximum: 76"L x 53.25"W
- Crib: Stop using when child begins to climb or reaches 35 inches
- Toddler Bed: 50 lbs
- Full-Size Bed: 500 lbs