Sustainability comes in many forms, from ethical labor practices that give back to the surrounding community, to environmental protection - like zero-waste manufacturing or planting trees for each product sold.
BPA [bisphenol A] is an industrial chemical found in plastic, epoxy resins, and even food and water containers. This chemical has been linked to adverse health effects in fetuses, newborns and children.
Formaldehyde is something you want to stay away from because it is a cancerous, strong-smelling, colorless gas commonly found in pressed-wood products.
Phthalates disrupt the body's hormones and some are known carcinogens. The chemicals from baby gear and wallpaper can be ingested, inhaled or absorbed.
PFAS-free baby products do not containpoly-fluorinated alkyl substances which are a group of around 4,700 industrial chemicals that can be found everywhere around us.
VOCs (Volatile organic compounds) are chemicals from specific solids or liquids (like wax, paints and varnishes) that can be emitted as gas. It has been proven that this easily inhaled chemical may lead to cancer, liver, and kidney diseases.
Fire retardants are chemicals that are often sprayed onto car seats and baby products to make them fire resistant. But, these poisonous chemicals are known to cause hormone disruption, neurological damage and even cancer.
The Booksee acrylic bookshelf set is another great example of clearly modern design brought to you by Ubabub! This clear, acrylic floating shelf set allows you to store your children’s books neatly away while displaying their beautiful covers in a decorative way. Better still, your kids can now clearly see and be inspired to choose their own books.
- Includes a set of 2 Ubabub Booksee Shelves for clear book display
- Designed with safety in mind: The Booksee uses a slim profile to reduce the chances of bumps and knocks that often occur with protruding shelves; perfect for aligning next to or just above a sleeping space.
- Sturdy quality: Booksee shelves are made from a quality, thick, clear acrylic and the high lip at the front ensures your kids’ books stay on the shelves and don’t fall forward or off!
- Adaptable display: The clear acrylic and open ends of the Booksee shelves means that when placed side by side, the point where one Booksee shelf meets another is barely noticeable once the books are placed on the shelves. Choose to align multiple Booksee shelves side by side or one above the other. Or fill an entire wall with the Booksee shelves to the delight of young readers!
- Assembled Dimensions: 35.50"L x 2.75"W x 8.75"H
- Assembled Weight: 2 lbs
- Max Weight: 15 lbs
** Installation: Simply fasten to any wall using the series of pre-drilled holes on the back panel of each shelf (these are not visible in product pictures). These drill holes are suitable for use on stud walls and are not visible once the books are placed on the shelves. Please note that fixings are NOT included with each set as each application may be different.